A self-leading researcher with affinity for cooperation with academic partners and non-academic stakeholders.
The postdoctoral researcher will investigate the application of novel sensing techniques for the protection of European groundwater. Specifically the groundwater flow and salinity sensors, developed in the Groundwater theme , and the genotoxicity-bioassay, developed in the genomics-based water quality monitoring theme.
The postdoctoral researcher will work closely with the coordinators of respective themes and a PhD researcher focussing on the groundwater flow and salinity sensors. The work will deal with two main aspects:
• Characterisation of the two sensing techniques
• Strategy to apply the novel sensing techniques in synergy with established tools such as groundwater modelling and chemical laboratory analyses.
The postdoctoral researcher will represent Wetsus at science & technology meetings with the EU-project partners, and join the EU-team at Wetsus. The EU-team is responsible for the management of the EU-projects that Wetsus leads or participates in (11 projects in the Horizon programme).
We are looking for a candidate with:
• a PhD degree in the field of groundwater sciences, (geo)hydrology, water (quality) monitoring, or equivalent;
• affinity with monitoring tools and data processing;
• talent for scientific project management;
• excellent team-working, writing and oral-communication skills.
• Your level of English is good, C1 (verbally and written)
When you meet the above-mentioned requirements, and if you are enthusiastic about multidisciplinary cooperation, you are the ideal candidate for us!
At Wetsus, you will get the opportunity to grow with an innovative, dynamic and future-orientated top research institute. You can accelerate the development of new water solutions in cooperation with prominent companies and universities. The workplace is in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands. In addition, you will occasionally visit project partners or study sites, mainly in Spain and France.
This job offer includes:
• a dynamic research project with strong collaboration with universities and companies;
• support for training and career development;
• 0.8-1 fte appointment for three years, and the possibility to grow into a Scientific project manager position at Wetsus;
• a gross monthly salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement of the Dutch Universities (Salary scale 10, step 5, for a starting postdoc);
• an attractive package of benefits including moving expenses, 35 holiday days (based on fulltime) and end-of-year allowance.
Wetsus, the organization
Wetsus carries out a research programme, in the field of sustainable water technology, in cooperation with over 100 companies and 16 universities. The research takes place at the premise of Wetsus in Leeuwarden, which is equipped with state-of-the-art multidisciplinary research facilities. The research programme is organised in 20 research themes. The specific research topics are defined in those themes and carried out by PhD and postdoctoral researchers. The inspiring cooperative and multidisciplinary research results in innovations that contribute significantly to solutions for global water problems.
Wetsus is a value-based origination. We operate and interact based on the following values: Innovation, partnership, reliability, joy and cooperation.
Your application must include:
• your detailed CV;
• a one-page motivation letter, explaining your goals and interests, and how they are aligned with this position;
• at least one reference letter.
Please apply by filling out the application form.
For further information about this position, you can send an email to email@example.com.
The closing date to apply for this vacancy is 20 August 2022. The interviews are expected to take place in the first weeks of September 2022. The preferred starting date is 1 October 2022.