Theme Coordinator Sustainable carbon cycle
My research focuses on ion exchange membranes and related processes (electrodialysis, reverse/bipolar electrodialysis), from fundamental modeling to experimental investigation.
Besides my research activities, I am also heavily involved in coordination, writing, and project management of EU-funded projects.
Scientific Project Manager
Theme Coordinator Sustainable Carbon Cycle
EU Project coordinator BAoBaB
PhD, Chemical Engineering, University of Palermo, Italy, 2015
MSc, Chemical Engineering, University of Palermo, Italy, 2011
ion exchange membranes, electrodialysis, energy storage, desalination, CCU
Selected list of publications
- G Doornbusch, H Swart, M Tedesco, J Post, Z Borneman, K Nijmeijer, “Current utilization in electrodialysis: Electrode segmentation as alternative for multistaging”, Desalination 480 (2020) 114243
- L Legrand, Q Shu, M Tedesco, JE Dykstra, HVM Hamelers, “Role of ion exchange membranes and capacitive electrodes in membrane capacitive deionization (MCDI) for CO2 capture”, J. Colloid and Interface Science 564 (2020) 478-490
- M La Cerva, L Gurreri, M Tedesco, A Cipollina, M Ciofalo, A Tamburini, G Micale, “Determination of limiting current density and current efficiency in electrodialysis units”, Desalination 445 (2018) 138-148
- M Tedesco, HVM Hamelers, PM Biesheuvel, “Nernst-Planck transport theory for (reverse) electrodialysis: III. Optimal membrane thickness for enhanced process performance”, J. Membrane Science 565 (2018) 480-487
- M Tedesco, HVM Hamelers, PM Biesheuvel, “Nernst-Planck transport theory for (reverse) electrodialysis: II. Effect of water transport through ion exchange membranes”, J. Membrane Science 531 (2017) 172–182