My research focuses on ion exchange membranes and related processes (electrodialysis, reverse/bipolar electrodialysis), from fundamental modeling to experimental investigation.
Besides my research activities, I am also heavily involved in coordination, writing, and project management of EU-funded projects.
PhD, Chemical Engineering, University of Palermo, Italy, 2015
MSc, Chemical Engineering, University of Palermo, Italy, 2011
ion exchange membranes, electrodialysis, energy storage, desalination, CCU
Selected list of publications
- G Doornbusch, H Swart, M Tedesco, J Post, Z Borneman, K Nijmeijer, “Current utilization in electrodialysis: Electrode segmentation as alternative for multistaging”, Desalination 480 (2020) 114243
- L Legrand, Q Shu, M Tedesco, JE Dykstra, HVM Hamelers, “Role of ion exchange membranes and capacitive electrodes in membrane capacitive deionization (MCDI) for CO2 capture”, J. Colloid and Interface Science 564 (2020) 478-490
- M La Cerva, L Gurreri, M Tedesco, A Cipollina, M Ciofalo, A Tamburini, G Micale, “Determination of limiting current density and current efficiency in electrodialysis units”, Desalination 445 (2018) 138-148
- M Tedesco, HVM Hamelers, PM Biesheuvel, “Nernst-Planck transport theory for (reverse) electrodialysis: III. Optimal membrane thickness for enhanced process performance”, J. Membrane Science 565 (2018) 480-487
- M Tedesco, HVM Hamelers, PM Biesheuvel, “Nernst-Planck transport theory for (reverse) electrodialysis: II. Effect of water transport through ion exchange membranes”, J. Membrane Science 531 (2017) 172–182