The Wetsus program is the largest European collaboration program on water technology with over 100 participants who actively participate in generation of new breakthrough water technologies. European funded projects are in integral part of the Wetsus research program and complement the national and regional funding.
Currently Wetsus coordinates 6 EU-funded projects:
* WaterSEED: Social, Entrepreneurial and Excelling Doctors for Water technology, funded through the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme.
* BAoBaB: Blue Acid/Base Battery, storage and recovery of renewable electrical energy by reversible salt water dissociation, funded through the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme.
* ViviMag: A novel magnetic route for phosphorus and iron recovery from sewage sludge, funded through EIT RawMaterials.
* NEWBIES: Organic nitrogen recovery by membrane extraction, funded through the LIFE programme of the European Union.
* iWATERMAP: Water Technology Innovation Roadmaps, funded through INTERREG Europe, read more about iWATERMAP.
* ReFARM: Resource Factory of Anaerobic Residues from Manure, funded through EIT Climate KIC.
and participates in 6 other EU-funded projects:
* REvivED Water: Low energy solutions for drinking water production by a REvival of ElectroDialysis systems, funded through the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme.
* Health-i-care: Innovations for a safer healthcare, for the prevention of infections and antibiotic resistance, funded through INTERREG Deutschland Nederland.
* MEDUWA Vecht(e): MEDUWA Vecht(efor extending the technical and methodical boundaries in water quality management, animal husbandry and veterinary care, funded through INTERREG Deutschland Nederland.
* : for a wide dissemination of Raw Materials related themes at Schools, funded through EIT RawMaterials.
* SCALIBUR: leading a revolution in biowaste recycling, funded through the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme.
* REPARES: Research platform on antibiotic resistance spread through wastewater treatment plants, funded through the European Union’s Horizon 2020 programme.