This internship project will be assisting the 4-year European collaborative project ConcenCUS, funded within the Horizon 2020 Innovation Action framework. The focus of the project will be the electro-regeneration of the alkaline solvent for carbon capture. Such a process operates with a pH swing established by an electrochemical cell, carbon dioxide will be released under low pH, and solvent will regain alkalinity under the high pH zone (Fig. 1). The aim of the project is to optimize the electrochemical system from the perspective of energy consumption and performance stability, assisting the further scaling-up process. Your specific enrollment will be performing experiments to understand the overpotential and building a pH profile across the electrochemical cell with the assistance of our developing model.
– Has environmental engineering, chemical engineering, or any other relative engineering background;
– Currently enrolling in Master’s studies;
– Experience with laboratory work;
– Good English communication skills, both writing and spoken;
– Currently studying in the Netherlands, or has citizenship from an EU country.
– Opportunity to close interact with EU carbon capture project;
– Contribute solutions to global warming;
-Experience working in an international environment.
Please send your CV and motivation letter by filling in the application form. Do not hesitate to contact Mu Lin; email@example.com, in case you have any further questions or if you need more information.
Type of Project: MSc Thesis
Starting date: February 2023
Duration: > 6 months
Salary: 200€ / month
Location: Wetsus – European centre of excellence for sustainable water technology (Leeuwarden, Netherlands)
to apply, please upload your CV and a motivation letter below.