Theme coordinator Phosphate recovery
I have a chemical engineering background with more than 20 years of experience in sewage sludge treatment and resource recovery from sludge, both in industry and research. I have worked on various phosphate recovery technologies from sewage sludge and currently the focus is on vivianite recovery and phosphate adsorption. I also have experience on sewage sludge dewatering and thermal treatment technologies for sewage sludge.
MSc Chemical Engineering, University of Twente
Phosphorus recovery, sewage sludge treatment, resource recovery, iron and phosphate interactions
- Wilfert, P., Kumar, P. S., Korving, L., Witkamp, G. J., & van Loosdrecht, M. C. (2015). The relevance of phosphorus and iron chemistry to the recovery of phosphorus from wastewater: a review. Environmental science & technology, 49(16), 9400-9414
- Wilfert, P., Dugulan, A. I., Goubitz, K., Korving, L., Witkamp, G. J., & Van Loosdrecht, M. C. M. (2018). Vivianite as the main phosphate mineral in digested sewage sludge and its role for phosphate recovery. Water research, 144, 312-321
- Korving, L., Van Loosdrecht, M., & Wilfert, P. (2019). Effect of iron on phosphate recovery from sewage sludge. In Phosphorus recovery and recycling (pp. 303-326). Springer, Singapore
- Kumar, P. S., Korving, L., van Loosdrecht, M. C., & Witkamp, G. J. (2019). Adsorption as a technology to achieve ultra-low concentrations of phosphate: Research gaps and economic analysis. Water Research X, 4, 100029.
- Werker, A., Bengtsson, S., Korving, L., Hjort, M., Anterrieu, S., Alexandersson, T., … & Morgan-Sagastume, F. (2018). Consistent production of high quality PHA using activated sludge harvested from full scale municipal wastewater treatment–PHARIO. Water Science and Technology, 78(11), 2256-2269.